⬇ Där kan du komma till min..

18 maj 2016

Things I miss

So in 9 DAYS my mom will be here with me in Kennewick and I'm beyond excited. I haven't seen her in 273 days. My absolute closest friend. Crazy.

At the same time that I'm really excited I'm also extremely scared and nervous. I leave this town June 10th, 19 days. It hurts. I have no idea how I'm gonna be able to cope with that, but I thought that I'd write a list with all the things I miss about Sweden and maybe that'll help me feel a little bit better about going home.

- Bearnaisesås I don't even know what to say about this delicious sauce. 

















- SWEDISH  CHOCOLATE, I can't even try to explain how disgusting american chocolate is. (No offense Americans, you have a lot of good candy and sweets, just not chocolate)













- My family. Something I've learned during these months is how important family is. Even if I have an amazing family here it's just not the same as the family you grew up with.

- My friends. I miss my friends so incredibly much. I have some really good friends here too and I don't even want to think about how hard it will be to leave them. But at the same time I can't wait to see my friends back in Sweden again.

- My freedom. I really miss my freedom. Kinda funny because I'm in the land of the free, but yeah I miss my freedom. I miss being treated like an adult with valued opinions.





















- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. I really miss public transportation. We Europeans are very lucky when it comes to that. I was always annoyed by the trains and buses being late, but now I'll just be so thankful that they just exist.


There are probably a lot more things I miss that I just can't think of right now but these are the biggest things. 
It's gonna be so incredibly hard to leave and I'm trying to do the best of every last moment I have here. I have no idea how I'm gonna be able to leave all these people that have been my life these past 9 months. Love you all so much. I'm just trying to not think about leaving because it's just easier that way.

There is a quote that's pretty popular with exchange students: 

"You build a life for 17 years and leave it for 10 months. You build a life for 10 months and leave it forever. Which one is harder?"

In the beginning I couldn't even imagine how much harder it would be leaving this life forever than leaving my life back in Sweden for just a few months. I have no idea how I'm gonna be able to deal with it, but I'll worry about that when that day comes. As of right now I'm just trying to appreciate every second I have left here. 


Ha det gött!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar